Tuesday 29 March 2016

66. Elvis. Custom Marth Amiibo part 1.


Yep, it's another custom Amiibo project.

I have a few of my own on the go now, and I really should get round to finishing them off.
If you read my last post I have started to make some progress on them again.

In the meantime I've been pottering about doing other projects here and there, which you can check out over on The Underhive Hero.

While my Custom Amiibo stuff is fairly common knowledge amongst my friends, it dpoesn't really do much for the majority of them; not a great dela of them own the WiiU/ 3DS (which in my opinion is a crying shame!).

However, in one of my circles of friends the Nintendo hype is real, and recently one person from said group approached me with an offer.
He would provide a load of Amiibo's for me to pretty much do whatever I fancied with them.
This way I could widen my palate so to speak, with different style, concepts, colour schemes and so on.
As cool as this was, I insisted that he have some creative input too, so that he was happy with the stuff he got back.
Also, it gives me a 'working for commission' feel as apposed to off my own passion, which is a different mindset entirely.

002

Since then we've discussed several ideas, and through that process I've come up with some great concepts for Amiibo repaints and sculpts.

A few of those are some time off, and in the interim I wanted to get started on something right now.

So we decided to start with Marth from the Fire Emblem series.

003

While some other projects are going to involve sculpting and stuff, we just went with a simple repaint option with this guy, and it was one we both agreed on immediately (albeit for different reasons).

We decided to go for Marth's white outfit from Super Smash Brothers

001

Marth has been my main since Melee, an I've always played in the white scheme and called him Elvis.
No idea why.
My friend just thinks he look fabulous in white...


So he's currently being base coated in grey, ready for many, many layers of ever lightening grey to white.
Fun times ahead.

Stay tuned for more updates.

If you are curious about said friend, his handle is My Wallet; short for My Wallet The Butt Knight, and you can find him on YouTube where he posts videos about Smash Brothers.


If you want a sneak peak of my work, I tend to post pictures of the things I do on instagram as I do them, so you can check me out on there.
I'll also post about it on Twitter form time to time @DarKHaZZl3.

Feel free to message me on here, on Twitter or Instagram if you have and comments, constructive criticisms or other feedback.
Alternatively, I am open to the concept of commission work; both for Amiibo's and other Miniatures, so feel free to contact me regrading that.

Peace!

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment