Wednesday 20 January 2016

59. Just What The Doctor Ordered. Dr Mario Amiibo part 1.


I know. it has been a long time since an update across all of my blogs.
I can make all the excuses in the world, but I just haven't made the time I should for this, or any of my other blogs.

That's going to change...hopefully.
I want to get back to weekly updates, even if they end up being diary like entries again.
I've alreayd made a start here, and over at The Underhive Hero where I've posted baout my Lizardmen Bloodbowl team!


Back to the task at hand....

Today I have something new!


If you follow my Instagram this will not be that new too you, but if you don't then enjoy!

A while back I posted an update about my completed Kirby Amiiibo in semi tribute to Ross from GameGrumps/ Steam Train.

Well, I thought it was time for more custom Amiiibo work.
This time round it is a Dr Mario repaint.


001

On the now rare occasion me and my brother play Super Smash Brothers (especially Melee) with each other we always end up having a final showdown between our two best characters; Marth being mine (despite Jigglypuff being my favorite), and Dr Mario being my brothers.

It is his birthday in a few days, so as well as something practical, I thought I'd get him something a little more unique, personally and thoughtful.
Also, it gave me an excuse to customise another Amiibo!

My brother always play Dr Mario wearing his black costume;


002

So naturally that is what I set out to do.
One session in and here we are!


003

All of the Dr's coat is done, the shirt and time are fine too.
A pretty simple paint job in all honesty, and just using citadel paints (Abbadon Black, Mechanicus standard Grey, Mephiston Red and Evil Sunz Scarlet), and a bit of satin varnish between layers to help it stick to the figure.

I just need to do a little more work on the boots, legs and the head in general, but it's a good start!


If you're interested in my work, then feel free to leave me a comment, hit me up on Twitter or, if you want to see what I'm working on sooner rather than later, then follow me on Instagram.

Just for the record, I'm totally down to do commission work ;)

Anyway, that is all for now.
Hopefully this will see more regular updates, along with my other blogs, so stay tuned!

Peace Out.

-DH-


No comments:

Post a Comment