Tuesday 12 November 2013

19. Cracking on.

A while back I spoke of re-purposing this blog.
In a way that is what I am doing, but in another it is not.

In fact, this blog retains its original function whatever I use it for.
It is what I am willing to share with the world.

And right now that is apathy.

I hate the market economy system.
I hate Capitalism.
I hate that both these bourgeoisie systems of power mean I have to work a job I hate, everyday.

But you know what...
You work to live, not live to work.


'You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.' - Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club .

Fight Club quotes may well be over used, but it remains my favourite film of all time.
It puts forward the most valid of all points, in a way so dramatised that you cannot stand up and take notice.


You are not any of this stuff. Let it go. Let that what which does not matter, slide.

In other words, stop wasting your time doing shit you don't want to do, and start doing what you want to do.

So fuck apathy.
It is time to start living again.


Which brings me on to my next point.

While I look for a new job; one I actually want to do, I am going to do some other things that I want to do.

Firstly, I am going to start developing my own games.

These wont be computer games.
I do not possess the time, money or skills to take on such an endeavour.

No, these will be board games, card games and role playing games.

If I fail, oh well. But if I don't, then I get to be a part of something I truly enjoy doing. Win


Second. I am going to get a new computer and start making videos.
While at University, me and my friend always played Minecraft, and talked about making videos of us playing; to share the creations we make and the funny moments we had playing the game.
That way they could share those times with us.


So yeah. Gaming videos.
Nothing original except ourselves.

Might try and incorporate the first point into it and have some table top games involved.


And finally;
I have often thought it would be awesome to run a hobby store.
That is the the idea in its entity.

These are all lofty (ish) goals.
And yeah, I'll have to work some shitty job while I put my time and effort into these projects which may never go anywhere.

So what? I'll be doing something I enjoy.

In the meantime I can get on with life.

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment