Friday 1 April 2011

02 - April fools is for fool's.

   Apologies for the delay in the new post. I've recently been in at a pretty bad place, which all came to a head Wednesday. I snapped; packed up my shit and came home early for Easter. It is a long and complicated story, and one I'm not going to bore you with. I think I can pretty much sum up how I feel in the words of Melrose Diner

   
"I hate the way I get when I can’t handle bad news. It feels like I’ve been an asshole for months. All I’ve got left are these handfuls of fuck you and man, that’s never enough. I guess I’m just down. I guess I’ll be honest, I could use you around. I can’t stand the dork that you’re hanging with now. I guess I’ll be honest, I could use you around." - The Wonder Years.

   I am fairly gutted to be honest, but shit happens; life goes on and I don't plan to dwell on what could have been. There has been nothing new to learn from these recent events; just a reminder of my weakness for pretty girls, whom appear to be against the grain as it were. Shock ¬_¬. Oh and apparently; according to one of my female friends I'm 'too nice'. I fail to understand how that can be a bad thing...but it appears it can. Weird.

Ranting aside.
  Today is April the 1st, and as a precaution, I stayed in bed until after midday to avoid being pranked. As such I haven't exactly done a lot today. This served as a reminder to how different being at university is compared to being back at home.

   While I'm at home everything seems to flow at a normal pace; Developments happen over time, change is slow, people stay the same and there is very little drama.
   University on the other hand is like life in fast forward; relationships come and go in the blink of an eye, you make best friends in weeks as opposed to years, and there is always some drama. It is like trying to cram in a lifetime's worth of living in three years. All the highs and lows of a life at normal pace, but in rapid succession.

   The problem with this is that, well, generally there are more lows in [my] life. In the 'normal' setting of home you have time to deal with these problems as they come. In the hyper accelerated life you don't. There is only so much disappointment one can take in such a short amount of time. Hence the previously mentioned early exit. 

Maybe it is just me.


Sorry for the lack of thought provoking stuff, but with the normal pace of life restored, my mind doesn't work in overdrive...but something interesting [might] pop in there at some point....

Cheers - DH

2 comments:

  1. Great piece! You're so right... I don't remember what life is like outside of university... It will be weird to go into 'the real world' when it's all over...

    I think it's kinda different for me though. I'm so busy I don't have time to feel... I'm often completely emotionless. I suppose most of the time that's a good thing, cause then I can't feel depressed or lonely. But I miss the good feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must be hella busy!
    I don't think I could take not having time feel...
    As much as it can be horrible it is worth the set backs for when the good times roll around.

    You should deffinatly have some time out...
    You never know, you might enoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete